Oitavo Fórum da Associação Mundial de Economia Política
23 a 26 de maio de 2013
Universidade federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brasil
The Eighth Forum of the World Association for Political Economy
May, 23-26, 2013
Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Nascida na China, a Associação Mundial de Economia Política - WAPE (sigla em inglês) realizou seu primeiro encontro na América Latina em 2012, no México. Desde a fundação em 2006, os encontros se realizaram na China, Europa e Estados Unidos. Em 2013, o encontro anual da WAPE que se realizará em Florianópolis, Brasil, permitirá o fortalecimento dos estudos em economia política, especialmente desde uma perspectiva marxiana, por todo o continente. O encontro em Florianópolis será precedido por um debate público sobre a economia política latino-americana, no dia 24 de maio. Já o encontro da WAPE abre na noite do dia 24, com sequência dos trabalhos nos dias 25 e 26.
Prazo para Inscrição de Artigos/Deadline for applications:
1o. de fevereiro de 2013
A língua oficial do encontro é o inglês.
Tema do WAPE 2013:
Desigualdade e capitalismo mundial: Análise, política e ação
Inequality and world capitalism: analysis, policy and action
Tópicos para o Fórum WAPE Oitava Edição:
1. A desigualdade na produção e distribuição de riqueza no mundo e suas causas.
2. O Movimento ''Ocuppy'' e a luta contra a desigualdade ao redor do mundo.
3. Desigualdade e exploração na América Latina.
4. Política social e redução da desigualdade.
5. Análise da crise financeira e econômica atual.
6. Queda da taxa de lucro nos países capitalistas.
7. Mudanças nas relações norte-sul no século 21.
8. Comparação dos modelos Latino-Americano e Chinês/Vietnamita.
9. Modelos de socialismo.
10. Teoria do Valor-Trabalho e Exploração.
11. Ecossocialismo e movimento contra a usina nuclear no mundo.
12. Propriedade e classe social no capitalismo contemporâneo.
Topics for the Eighth WAPE Forum:
1. The inequality in the production and distribution of wealth in the world and its causes.
2. The occupy movement and anti-inequality struggles worldwide.
3. Inequality and exploitation in Latin America.
4. Social policy and reduction of inequality.
5. Analyses of the current financial and economic crisis.
6. Falling rate of profit in capitalist countries.
7. Changing north-south relations in the 21st century.
8. Comparison of Latin American model and Chinese/Vietnamese model.
9. Models of socialism
10. Labor Theory of Value and Exploitation.
11. Eco-socialism and anti-nuclear power plant movement in the world.
12. Estate and social class in contemporary capitalism.
Proposals on the above topics and beyond for both individual papers and complete panels are welcome. Some of the sessions will be co-supported by Japan Society for Promoting Science.
Please send your application, including curriculum vitae and a paper abstract of 500 words in English, to Professor Xiaoqin Ding at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013.
Applicants will be notified about acceptance of their applications by March 1, 2013.
Papers of up to 10,000 words will be due by April 1, 2013.
Conference papers will be considered for publication in World Review of Political Economy.
· Official Languages of the Forum: English
1. On site registration on May 23 through May 24, 2013.
2. WAPE Council meeting/WRPE Editorial meeting on May 24, 2013.
3. Official program on May 25 through May 26, 2013.
· Registration fee: US$200 per person.
Marxian economists from all over the world are welcome to attend the forum whether or not they will present a paper. The WAPE Forums aim to encourage cooperation among Marxian economists and to enlarge and strengthen the influence of Marxian economics in the world.
· WAPE. The World Association for Political Economy, registered in Hong Kong, China, is an international academic organization founded in 2006 by Marxian economists and related groups around the world. The mission of WAPE is to utilize modern Marxian economics to analyze and study the world economy, reveal its laws of development, and offer policies to promote economic and social progress on the national and global level. The last six WAPE forums were successively held in Shanghai, Shimane(Japan), Beijing, Paris, Suzhou(China), Amherst(USA), and Mexico City (Mexico) during 2006-2012. Participants in past WAPE forums have come from over 50 countries in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America.
· WRPE. The World Review of Political Economy is a new peer-reviewed quarterly journal of Marxian Political Economy sponsored by WAPE and published by Pluto Press. For more information including types of submissions that will be considered, please go to www.wrpe.org.
· WAPE Awards. The Distinguished Achievement Award of World Political Economy of the 21st Century, established by WAPE, has been granted annually since 2009. It is intended to promote research in modern political economy around the world by granting the award to economists who have made important innovations in the theory or methodology of political economy since the year of 2001. Marxian Economics Award, established by WAPE in 2011, is to promote the prosperity and development of the research of Marxist economics around the world by granting the award to economists of different countries in the world who have made important innovations in the research of theories, methodology and application of Marxian economics. The 2013 WAPE Awards will be granted at the opening ceremony of the Eighth WAPE Forum. Nominations and applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.